59 dead, several injured in Lahore blast

Source:  AFP Published in Terrorism on Sunday, March 27, 2016

LAHORE: At least 59 people were killed and several were injured in a suicide blast outside Gulshan-e-Iqbal Park in Lahore on Sunday evening.

Police and rescue personnel have reached the incident site and have cordoned off the area.

Army contingent has also reached the blast site to help with rescue efforts.

“At least 10 people have been killed in a blast outside Gulshan Iqbal Park,” Jam Sajjad Hussain, spokesperson for Recuse 112 told Reuters, adding that more than 30 people were injured and had been taken to various hospitals in the city.

Screen grab of Express News shows an injured woman being taken to hospital.

“We cannot rule out that this was a suicide attack but things will be clear soon,” Haider Ashraf DIG Operations Lahore said.

Ashraf also said that the site’s clearance operation has ended.